Millions of people are injured in car accidents every year in the United States, and residents of Golden, Colorado, are no exception. These crashes can lead to painful and lasting injuries, and significant financial losses, and might prove to be fatal in the worst-case scenarios.
The Golden, CO, car accident injury lawyers at the Olson Law Firm, LLC are here to help if you’ve been hurt or if you’ve lost a loved one in a crash due to someone else’s negligence. We know how painful the injuries from a severe car accident can be. We also know how to help you seek fair compensation for what you’ve been through.
We’ve spent the past decade helping car accident victims put their lives back together. Put our experience to work for you. Contact our Golden law firm today for a free and confidential consultation.
Most Common Car Accident Injuries in Golden
Here are a few examples of the most common types of car accident injuries:
- Spinal Cord Injuries and Paralysis — The force of a crash can put intense pressure on the spinal, leading to cracks or complete fractures of vertebrae. Damage to the spinal cord can cause loss of bodily functions, weakness or numbness in the limbs, and partial or complete paralysis. If any of the supportive discs in the spinal cord burst or become damaged, it can be excruciating and may require surgery to repair.
- Whiplash — In certain types of car accidents, especially rear-end collisions, the impact from a crash can cause a driver or passenger’s head and neck to jerk forward before being sharply snapped back. This motion resembles someone cracking a whip, hence the term “whiplash.” Whiplash injuries severely strain the muscles, connective tissues, and bones in the neck, shoulders, and upper back. In turn, this can cause intense pain and limit your ability to move and turn your head and neck.
- Brain Injuries — A hard blow to the head or an object penetrating the skull due to a car accident can lead to traumatic brain injuries (TBI). Brain injuries should never be taken lightly, as the damage is often permanent and can quickly worsen without rapid medical treatment. TBIs can cause memory loss, personality changes, impaired cognition, loss of bodily functions, and other severe effects.
- Back Injuries — Car accidents, especially rear-end collisions and side-impact collisions, can cause back injuries indirectly from the impact force or directly if something breaks through a vehicle’s cabin to strike a driver or passenger. Muscles, bones, and connective tissues in the back can be strained, torn, or broken, causing debilitating pain and limiting movement.
- Joint Injuries — The joints are especially vulnerable in a car accident because they consist of multiple bones and connective tissues that can sustain damage in many different ways. Bones can break, and connective tissues can be sprained, strained, or torn. Repairing joint injuries often requires surgery and extensive physical therapy, so you may be dealing with joint injuries for a long time after an accident.
- Burns — There are two main ways that burn injuries occur in car accidents. The first is if a driver or passenger comes into contact with hot metal or steam after an accident. The second way burn injuries occur is if something causes the vehicle itself to catch fire. Burn injuries can damage skin, muscle, and bone. There’s a high risk of infection if someone suffers severe burns.
- Fractures and Broken Bones — Broken bones are one of the most common injuries in car accidents. The legs, feet, arms, hands, ribs, and hips are prone to fracturing in a crash. Bone fractures can be excruciatingly painful, and they can cause permanent impairment if the bone doesn’t set correctly after a crash.
- Disfigurement — Burns, severe fractures, deep cuts, and other injuries can cause permanent scarring all over the body. These injuries can leave accident victims badly disfigured. Victims may need plastic surgery to correct the damage.
- Internal Injuries and Bleeding — Internal injuries are among the most severe injuries that result from car accidents. Damage to internal organs can permanently impact critical bodily functions, and severe internal bleeding can be fatal if not treated quickly.
Can I Get Compensation for My Injuries?
While the injuries from a car accident can be scary and painful, accident victims have options after a crash. By filing a personal injury claim against the at-fault driver or another liable party, you could recover financial compensation for the injuries you’ve suffered.
With help from the Olson Law Firm, LLC, you could potentially recover compensation for:
- Your medical bills, including the cost of future care you may need
- Your lost income and reduced future earning capacity
- Your pain and suffering
- Your emotional distress
- Any property damaged in the accident, such as your vehicle
If you wish to file a personal injury claim after a car accident in Golden, make sure you talk to a lawyer as soon as possible. You only have three years from the date of the accident to file a claim, and it takes time to build a strong case for compensation.
Reach out to our Golden, CO, car accident injury lawyers now to avoid missing out on your chance to recover compensation.
Contact Our Experienced Golden Car Accident Lawyer Today
The Golden car accident attorneys at the Olson Law Firm, LLC are ready to help you rebuild your life after an accident. That starts with a free and confidential consultation about your legal options.
Contact our office in Golden, CO, today to speak to an experienced car accident lawyer.