What do I do if I suspect nursing home abuse or neglect?

If you suspect that your loved one is suffering abuse in a nursing home, there are steps you can take to help protect your family member’s safety and rights:

  1. Try to verify your loved one’s story.
  2. Immediately transfer the victim to a safer environment.
  3. Report the abuse to Colorado’s Adult Protective Services.
  4. Take the loved one to a counselor to help them talk about and deal with the abuse.
  5. Seek an experienced nursing home abuse attorney who is knowledgeable about laws that apply to your situation.

If your loved one has been the victim of nursing home abuse in a Denver-area nursing home, let the Olson Personal Injury Lawyers help you. We understand what you are going through, and we’re ready to listen to your story, advise you on immediate steps you can take to protect your family member, and help you understand their rights.

We are always available to answer your questions. Because we understand that everyone has different comfort levels with regards to today’s situations, we have established a virtual protocol so that we can meet with our clients from the comfort of their homes. We are here for you. We want to make sure you are heard. We are here to help. To get things started, call the Olson Personal Injury Lawyers at our Golden or Denver offices or complete our online form today. We will respond to you shortly.