If you have been injured in Aurora, Colorado, due to someone else’s careless or negligent actions or inaction, you could be owed significant compensation for your losses.
Every day, we trust others to make good decisions on the road, at work, in a medical setting, and wherever else we go in Aurora and surrounding areas of Colorado. When someone’s poor decisions lead to a serious injury accident, they could and should be held accountable under Colorado law.
While recovering from a severe injury, the added stress of seeking compensation alone is not something most people want to take on. At Olson Law Firm, we understand the strain you are already experiencing, and our Aurora lawyers will do everything in our power to make things easier on you as we help you pursue compensation for your injuries.
Contact us today for a free consultation.
How Can Our Aurora Personal Injury Attorneys Help You?
Although it is possible to pursue a civil case on your own, the legal process is complicated. Small errors or misunderstandings could lessen your chances of winning. You will likely be up against an insurance company with powerful lawyers on its side. They may offer a settlement that is far less than what you deserve or might try to deny your claim outright if you don’t have an experienced lawyer on your side.
Attorney Sean Olson has spent the last decade truly listening to his clients’ stories and fighting for their rights. He makes sure he understands the details of every case and communicates with clients every step of the way. The experienced legal team at Olson Law Firm works together with our clients to make decisions and fight for the compensation they deserve.
Do You Have a Personal Injury Case?
To pursue compensation, you’ll need to prove that someone else’s negligence caused your injuries. That could involve a driver who disobeyed traffic laws, a business that failed to post appropriate warning signs, a failure to maintain roads or structures, or numerous other situations.
Even if you were partially at fault, you may still have some claim to partial compensation under Colorado law’s comparative negligence provisions. Attorney Sean Olson can assess whether you may have a case and how much it may be worth during a free consultation.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Take in Aurora
Our firm has experience with a variety of personal injury cases, including:
- Car Accidents – Although they are dreadfully common, every car crash is an exceptional experience for the injured victims. We use our experience to guide victims toward a positive resolution.
- Truck Accidents – Trucks pose a substantial threat due to their size. Our Aurora personal injury law firm is committed to holding trucking companies and other responsible parties liable for any injuries they cause.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Motorcyclists are especially vulnerable to severe injuries in crashes. We are committed to pursuing the total amount of compensation you deserve.
- Pedestrian Accidents – We fight for the compensation pedestrians need to recover from injuries sustained after being hit by a motor vehicle.
- Bus Accidents – Our attorneys represent people hurt in crashes as bus passengers and as occupants of other vehicles involved in collisions with buses.
- Premises Liability – We are prepared to help you fight for compensation if you were injured on someone else’s property that was unsafe.
- Slip and Fall Accidents – If your injury resulted from a fall caused by dangers on someone’s property, we can fight for compensation from their liability insurance.
- Dog Bites – Victims of dog bites may be entitled to compensation for their injuries from the dog’s owner. In most cases, homeowners’ liability insurance pays the claim.
- Third-Party Work-Related Injuries – We can review your situation and determine whether you may have a personal injury case in addition to a workers’ compensation claim.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries – Our firm can pursue compensation for your past and future expenses to address the long-lasting effects of traumatic brain injuries.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – A spinal cord injury can permanently impact multiple aspects of your life. Our firm can help you pursue compensation for past and future medical expenses, as well as the many psychological and quality-of-life changes you are suffering.
- Construction Accidents – Construction is one of the most dangerous lines of work in Aurora. Our attorneys stand up for the rights of injured construction workers.
- Wrongful Death – If someone else’s negligence caused the death of your loved one, we are prepared to fight for justice on their behalf and the compensation your family needs.
Ways You Can Be Injured in an Accident
We help victims recover compensation after suffering many types of injuries, such as:
- Broken bones
- Internal injuries and bleeding
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Damage to hips, knees, ankles, shoulders, and other joints
- Slipped discs and other back injuries
- Disfiguring injuries
- Soft tissue injuries and bruising
- Deep cuts
Not all injuries are apparent right after an accident. It is vital to keep accurate documentation to help you recover compensation for any injuries you face related to the initial accident.
What Can You Recover in a Personal Injury Claim?
The details of each case are unique. Discussing the nuances of your situation with an experienced attorney will help you better understand how much compensation you may be owed. In general, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Past, present, and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Catastrophic losses
Aurora Statute of Limitations on Personal Injury Claims
You have a limited amount of time to file a claim following an accident. This time varies based on the circumstances of the accident. For example, you have three years to file a claim after a car accident per Colorado law. Most other personal injury and wrongful death claims have a two-year deadline.
Discussing your case with a lawyer as soon as possible will help you avoid missing out on compensation due to an issue with the statute of limitations.
Contact Our Aurora Personal Injury Lawyers for Legal Help
Our goal as a law firm is to help our clients feel heard and understood in a way that many larger firms are not able to do. We know this is a difficult time for you, and we want to help in any way we can. We will listen to your side of the story, help you gather as much evidence as possible, and confidently fight for the compensation you desperately need.
Having a skilled attorney on your side can significantly help you pursue a winning case. You can count on Olson Law Firm in Aurora to provide the legal assistance you need during this challenging time.
Contact us today for a free consultation.